Daniel Levy’s Tottenham Hotspur crisis has deepened after managing director of football Fabio Paratici had his ban from the sport extended worldwide by Fifa — less than 24 hours after Spurs had released a video of him talking about the departure of Antonio Conte.
Paratici’s 30-month ban stretches across all football-related activities — administrative, sports or any other — at national and international level, which rules him out of playing any part in Tottenham’s search for a new manager, player transfers or contract negotiations with Harry Kane.
The decision was said to have thrown Spurs into chaos on Wednesday, with Paratici’s future now in serious doubt and lawyers thought to be studying his options.
Sources now rate this as the worst crisis Levy has faced in his time as chairman.Both the men’s and women’s teams do not have a permanent manager, Paratici is banned worldwide, Kane’s future remains in doubt, the stadium still has no name and a season-ticket price hike has been considered.
It was also reported that Tottenham had booked Beyonce in for an extra concert date at the stadium without a licence and a source said: “This is by far the worst it has ever been for Levy.”
All of this comes after Tottenham’s accounts last month revealed that Levy had banked a pay rise of more than £500,000 and the club’s directors, among whom Paratici is named, earned almost £3 million more between them than the previous year.
A source added: “On top of all the problems, staff morale levels are at an all-time low.It’s a mess.”
It is understood that Paratici has 10 days to request the grounds of the Fifa decision, during which time the Italian could be allowed to work.